Using MobileFirst application as a container for server-generated pages
Migrating applications to IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation
- By using mobile web technology, you can deploy applications to the widest variety of devices.
- The existence of public application stores, such as Apple iTunes and Google Play, changes the way applications are hosted and marketed. These changes make traditional methods of distribution less relevant.
- IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation provides the solution to build cross-platform applications that can be distributed through the application stores by using the hybrid application programming model.
Creating IBM MobileFirst applications
- A project and applications are created by using the IBM MobileFirst Project wizard.
- A project might host multiple applications. However, in this module, you use only one app: UsingApplicationAsAContainer
- Optionally the target environments can be set on the MobileFirst Project wizard or it could be done at a later time
IBM MobileFirst environments
- IBM MobileFirst Foundation provides a model for organizing the application project structure for each targeted environment (for example, Android, iPhone, iPad).
- These targeted environments are selected through the MobileFirst Environment wizard.
IBM MobileFirst Common environment
- The simplest way to use IBM MobileFirst apps as containers for server generated pages is through the Common environment
- Open the
application-descriptor.xmlfile and edit the
mainFiletag to point to "
Running your application on the Android emulator
- Build the Android environment, and then deploy the application. Right-click the generated Android project and click Run As > Android Application.
- You can see that http://m.ibm.com is rendered in your Android emulator.
Running your Application on the iOS
- Deploy the application to your iOS emulator. Right-click the IOS environment, and click Run As > Xcode project.
Click to download the Studio project.▲
Last modified on November 09, 2016