Previewing your application on BlackBerry 10
Prerequisite: Make sure to read Previewing the web resources of your application.
This tutorial covers the following topics.
- Previewing the application in the BlackBerry Ripple Emulator
- Running the application in a physical device or simulator
Previewing the application in the BlackBerry Ripple Emulator
Prerequisite: To be able to preview the application in the Ripple Emulator, you must first install Ripple. Ripple is a Chrome extension that can be downloaded and installed from the Chrome Web Store. After Ripple is installed, follow these steps.
From a terminal window, use the
mfp console command to open MobileFirst Console.
- To preview the BlackBerry environment from the MobileFirst Operations Console, click the eye icon and then click Open Simple Preview.
- Enable Ripple by clicking Enable from the extension menu in Chrome.
- If you get the following screen, select BlackBerry 10 WebWorks (1.0.0) to proceed with previewing the application.
The page autorefreshes and the environment web resources are displayed in the Ripple Emulator.
Running the application in a physical device or simulatorPrerequisite: Before proceeding, you must have the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK installed.
For more information, see Setting up your BlackBerry 10 development environment.
- In Ripple, on the right menu, click Build, and then click the Settings... button at the bottom.
- Enter the following package settings.
SDK Path: The path where BlackBerry WebWorks SDK is installed.
Project root: The root folder of your project. To find the root folder, right-click the native folder in your Eclipse blackberry environment and select Properties.
Archive Name: The name for your archive.
Output Folder: The folder where to output the application. Specify a folder outside your project.
Signing Password: Sign your app with a BlackBerry 10 developer certificate to run it on a BlackBerry 10 handset. Specify your certificate password here. Signing is NOT required to run the application in the BlackBerry 10 Simulator.
Launch: You can find the Device IP address from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager or in the device settings.
- After the package settings are defined, open the Ripple menu in Chrome and click start services.
- Select one of the Packaging options.