OpenSSL Security Alert for existing apps in Google Play Store
If you have a Worklight Foundation or MobileFirst Platform Foundation application deployed in the Google Play Store, you may soon receive the following warning issued by Google:
Note: This is only a warning; the applications at this time continue to work normally.
Note: In some cases this will not be related to Worklight/MobileFirst Platform:
- If you are using the FIPS feature provided by IBM - related to Worklight/MFP
- If you are using the FIPS & JSONStore features provided by IBM - related to Worklight/MFP
- If you are using the JSONStore feature provided by IBM - used OpenSSL is the one supplied by the device OS - be sure the device is patched to the latest version
- If you are using a 3rd party library containing OpenSSL - related to the library; be sure to update your 3rd party libraries
In case your are using the FIPS feature and you have received this warning, you only need to update the latest available iFix release for your Worklight/MobileFirst Platform version.
Note: the issue resides only on the client-side. No server change is required.
Once you download the updated Studio/CLI you need to:
- Install the updated Studio plug-in/CLI
- Build your application (don't forget to update the version number in
- Generate the
- Upload the updated
.apkto the Google Play Store
The next time Google Play Store scans apps in their servers, the warning will disappear.
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.