IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation 7.1 is here
We are pleased to announce the Generally Availability of IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation 7.1!
This new release is packed with many fixes and new features. Review the full list in the Release Notes.
IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation on IBM Containers on Bluemix
Run your MobileFirst Platform Foundation instance in the Cloud.
Create iOS and Android Cordova applications with MobileFirst SDK as a plug-in
Push Notifications REST APIs and many other API improvements across supported environments
Streamlined application development experience
- The MobileFirst SDK is now packaged as a .framework instead of static library for both Hybrid and Native iOS apps
- Native iOS apps can now use CocoaPods to integrate the MobileFirst SDK
- Native Android apps can now use Maven Central to integrate the MobileFirst SDK
Enhanced support for Windows 8 Universal and Windows Phone 8 Universal
- Support for Windows Universal Hybrid apps
- Basic and Extended Application Authenticity Protection
- Support for REST calls from client apps
Enhanced support for Windows 8 Universal
- Device authentication
- Support for OAuth2
Hardened security features
- iOS: 64bit and FIPS 140-2 support for JSONStore
- Cloudant data encryption for iOS and Android (does not support FIPS 140-2 at this time)
- Certificate Pinning to reduce risks of man-in-the-middle attacks for Hybrid (iOS, Android) and Native (iOS, Android) apps
And lots more
- Cloudant as MobileFirst Server management database
- Service Discovery enhanced with support of the OData open standard, to simplify integration with SAP, Microsoft Azure and others
- Improved MobileFirst Operations Console, now translated into 10 languages
- Easier installation of the Application Center, through ANT tasks
- Easier upgrade process with the Server Configuration Tool
- Asymmetric deployment in a WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment cell
- and even more in the Release Notes
Go ahead and:
- Experience Foundation on IBM Containers,
- Or download the updated MobileFirst CLI and Studio tools and head over to the Getting Started section to review the various new and updated tutorials.
- Also new is our MobileFirst Quality Assurance section, providing you with updated tutorials to help you with app testing and lots more
We hope you'll enjoy this release!
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.