Importing Visual studio Cordova project with Ionic and AngularJS into MobileFirst Platform
Let me start this post with a disclaimer that "Don't panic by reading the post title". It might look bit lengthy, but still summarises what we are trying to achieve here.
Let me explain you in four steps,
- Creating a Cordova project with ionic and Angularjs in Visual Studio 2015.
- Creating a new MobileFirst Hybrid Application.
- Importing required files from Visual studio 2015 Cordova project to MobileFirst application.
- Code tweaks here and there to make it work with MobileFirst Platform server.
So, let's get started!
Visual Studio 2015 Cordova Project with Ionic and Angular
As Visual studio 2015(VS2015) is the latest release from Microsoft, I will be using Visual Studio 2015 Community edition for this blog post.
- Open Visual Studio (Run as an Administrator) and on the menu bar choose File -> New -> project.
Note: If you don't see this option, install Cordova Tools for Visual Studio 2015.