Mobile Foundation Bluemix beta service winding down - formal release coming
Idan Adar October 05, 2016MobileFirst_Platform Announcement Bluemix Mobile_Foundation
Dear Mobile Foundation Beta participants,
We’re delighted to share that we’ve had a successful Beta run for the Mobile Foundation Bluemix service, thanks to all your valuable feedback which helped us refine our next generation mobile app development platform redesigned for cloud agility, speed, and productivity.
We’d like to inform you that the Mobile Foundation Bluemix beta service will soon be winding down. However, please stay tuned while we bring our formal release to market with both entry level plans for developers and predictable plans for professionals. Meanwhile, we would appreciate it if you could take a brief survey to share your experience with this Beta.
Here’s what you need to know:
- End of Beta Date: June 20, 2016
- Bluemix: As of June 20, 2016 you will no longer be able to provision new MobileFirst Foundation Beta instances. However, existing instances will continue to be supported.
On-premises: Software download will no longer be available.
- End of Beta Support Date: July 20, 2016
- For a period of 30 days after the End of Beta Date, through July 20, 2016, all existing instances will continue to be available to users through their Bluemix dashboard, and will continue to be supported by MobileFirst Foundation Beta.
- Any instance still provisioned as of the End of Beta Support Date will be deleted.
- Users are therefore asked to unprovision their Mobile Foundation Beta service instance(s) prior to the End of Beta Support Date.
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.