Power your React Native apps with IBM Mobile Foundation
Dear React Native developers, a warm welcome to you to IBM Mobile Foundation. Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of the IBM Mobile Foundation SDK for React Native apps.
If you’re a React Native developer, you can now exploit all the capabilities of Mobile Foundation in your React Native app on Android and iOS. Here is a complete list of features & capabilities that are available
- Integration with backend systems by means of Mobile Foundation adapters
- Out of the box and custom security framework through out of the box security checks and security check adapters.
- Application management - remotely enable /disable your app versions
- Device blacklisting - Blacklist individual rogue or stolen devices from the Mobile Foundation console
- Secure and protect your app and backend by using security features such as certificate pinning, application authenticity etc.
- Get out of the box analytics from user trends to backend performance
Capabilities such as JSONStore and Push notifications will be made available very soon. Keep an eye on this blog for an announcement on the same.
Whether you’re testing the waters with the Developer Kit, hosting your app on the Mobile Foundation service on IBM Cloud, deploying your app in your on-premise installation or deploying on IBM Cloud Private, this is the SDK to power your React Native apps.
The React Native SDK is available as a module on npmjs.org. To get started with a new application, simply add the
react-native-ibm-mobilefirst module to your React Native app using the following command
npm install react-native-ibm-mobilefirst --save
Watch the video below for an end to end demonstration of React Native and Mobile Foundation.
We encourage you to try out our new SDK for React Native and provide us with your thoughts in the comments below. You can also join our Slack team for more engaging conversations around Mobile Foundation and React Native.