Announcing Mobile Foundation Updates in Cloud Pak for Applications V4.2
We are happy to announce new features and updates to Mobile Foundation, which is available as part of Cloud Pak for Applications V4.2.
IBM Cloud Pak for Applications V4.2 provides the latest Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform V4.4, updated runtimes from IBM and Red Hat, and makes available Technology Preview Code (Tech-Preview) of Accelerators for Teams. Accelerators for Teams delivers a consistent end-to-end development and delivery process that supports multi-disciplinary teams who are building cloud-native solutions. It also makes available Tech-Preview capabilities to help you modernize and transform your existing Java applications into microservices to fully gain the business benefits of containers and OpenShift. You can read about these exciting features in the Cloud Pak for Applications V 4.2 announcement.
Mobile Foundation is part of Cloud Pak for Apps and provides a set of mobile services, which includes mobile core, push notifications, analytics, feature control with live update, and a private app store. Developers can use Digital App Builder, a low code tool that comes with Mobile Foundation to quickly build digital apps and deploy on the server.
Mobile Foundation is enhanced with new features and updates.
- The Mobile Analytics service introduces performance and scalability optimizations for Analytics, which now has a multi-node discovery that allows deployment across multiple OpenShift nodes.
- Mobile Foundation core runtime allows apps to be readily integrated with backend microservice APIs.
- The Mobile Foundation SDKs are enhanced to include a new React Native SDK for the Live Update service, which is in addition to the already supported SDKs for core, Push Notifications, and Analytics.
- Digital App Builder, the tool to rapidly design and develop mobile apps now includes page templates for React Native apps. Also, integration with Git from within the App Builder is now supported.
- Updates to the Tekton pipeline for mobile app testing provide the option to use parameterized inputs. This change makes it easy to configure the pipeline.
- A Nodejs based Appsody stack for mobile together with the Starter Apps can be used by developers to jumpstart mobile app development. This provides smooth integration of Mobile Foundation services with backend microservices further by abstracting the API invocation semantics and security schemes.