MobileFirst Platform Foundation 7.1 Administrator Labs
Follow the instructions below to learn how to install MobileFirst Platform Server on a Linux workstation.
For this purpose, Ubuntu Server 14.04.03 64bit distribution will be used and together with DB2 Workgroup Server V10.5, WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core 188.8.131.52, MobileFirst Server including Operational Analytics and Application Center.
- Download Ubuntu Server 14.04 64bit image (Google Drive | Dropbox)
- Download product distributions.
- Database – DB2_10.5.0.3_limited_Lnx_x86-64
- MobileFirst Server – MFPF_7.1_INST_MGR_REP_MF_SVR_EN
- WebSphere Application Server – WAS_LIBERTY_CORE_V184.108.40.206_MP_ML
You can get these in three different ways:
- If you are a customer and have a license – download them from Passport Advantage
- If you are a Business Partner and have a Value Package – download them from Partner World
- Request trial licenses from IBM representatives
Time to complete: 23 minutes
Time to complete: 25 minutes
- WinSCP (graphical SCP client for Windows)
- IBM Installation Manager
- Demo project on GitHub.com (.war, .adapter and .wlapp files can be found in the \bin folder)
- Symbolic link (will be required during the lab):
sudo ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpam.so.0 /lib/libpam.so.0
Time to complete: 21 minutes
Time to complete: 15 minutes
Time to complete: 30 minutes
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.