Previewing your application on BlackBerry 10
OverviewIn this tutorial the following topics will be covered. As a pre-requisite, make sure to read the "Previewing your application's web resources" tutorial.
- Preview the application in the BlackBerry Ripple Emulator
- Run the application in a physical device or simulator
Preview the application in the BlackBerry Ripple EmulatorTo be able to preview the application in the Ripple Emulator, Ripple must first be installed. Ripple is a Chrome extension that can be downloaded and installed from the Chrome Web Store. Once Ripple is installed, follow the below steps.
- Preview the BlackBerry environment from the MobileFirst Console by clicking on the "eye" icon and then click on Open Simple Preview .
- Enable Ripple by clicking on Enable from the extension's menu in Chrome.
If you get the following screen, choose BlackBerry 10 WebWorks (1.0.0) to proceed with previewing the application.
Run the application in a physical device or simulatorBefore proceeding, you must have the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK installed. For more information, see the Setting up your BlackBerry 10 development environment tutorial. In Ripple, on the right menu, click Build, and then click Settings... at the bottom. Next, enter the following details:
- SDK Path: Path where BlackBerry WebWorks SDK is installed
- Project root: The root folder of your project. To find the root folder, right-click the native folder in your Eclipse blackberry environment and select Properties.
- Archive Name: The name for your archive.
- Output Folder: The folder where to output the application. Specify a folder outside your project.
- Password: Sign you app with a BlackBerry 10 developer certificate to run it on a BlackBerry 10 handset. Specify your certificate password here. Signing is NOT required to run the application in the BlackBerry 10 Simulator.
- Launch: The Device IP address can be found by using either the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, or in the device settings.
Last modified on December 02, 2015