Previewing your application on Mobile Web and Desktop Browser
Prerequisite: Make sure to read Previewing the web resources of your application.
This tutorial covers the following topics.
- Mobile Web and Desktop Browser environment specifics
- Previewing the application in the Mobile Web Simulator
- Running the application in a physical device
Mobile Web and Desktop Browser environment specifics
The Mobile Web and Desktop Browser environments have an additional file,
worklight.manifest, which is a cache manifest file that allows you to manage and edit the contents of the application cache.
Previewing the application in the Mobile Web Simulator
From a terminal window, use the
mfp console command to open MobileFirst Conosle.
The desktop browser web page is, in fact, a web page, and thus it is not displayed in the Mobile Browser Simulator. Instead, a new tab opens up and presents the web page.
Running the application in a physical device
To get the URL of a mobile web application:
- Browse to the Mobile Web Application environment in the MobileFirst Operations Console.
- Copy the regular or shortened URL from the pop-up window, or use the QR code.
To provide a shortened URL, provide your
bit.lyaccount username and password in the
- Enter the shortened URL in the mobile browser of your device.