JSONStoreimprove this page | report issue
JSONStore is an optional client-side API providing a lightweight, document-oriented storage system that is included as a feature of IBM MobileFirst™ Platform Foundation, and enables persistent storage of JSON documents. Documents in an application are available in JSONStore even when the device that is running the application is offline. This persistent, always-available storage can be useful to give them access to documents when, for example, there is no network connection to the device.
- Data indexing for efficient searching
- Data encryption in production environments
- Mechanism for tracking local-only changes to the stored data
- Support for multiple users
JSONStore is available in the following environments:
- Native: Android and iOS
- Hybrid: Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8, and Windows 8
- Preview Common Resources > Mobile Browser Simulator (not for production use)
Note: This tutorial shows how to get started with the JSONStore API. Some features such as data encryption are beyond the scope of this tutorial. All features are documented in detail in the IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation user documentation.
JSONStore for specific environments▲
- Using JSONStore in Native Android applications
- Using JSONStore in Hybrid applications
- Using JSONStore in Native iOS applications
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.