System requirements for IBM Digital App Builder includes operating system, other software and access credentials.
Supported development platform:
- MacOS 10.13
- MacOS 10.14
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows 10 Enterprise
Software requirements (Prerequisites) for using the Digital App Builder:
- Node Package Manager (npm) (Node.js 8.x or above)
- Cordova 8.0.0 or more
- Ionic 4.2.0 or more
- CocoaPods (MacOS only)
- Android Studio 2.x.x or above (To preview the app on Android emulator)
Requirements for previewing the app:
- Android Studio (To preview the app on Android emulator)
- Android WebView version 68.X.XXXX.XX or above.
- Chrome (To preview web platform)
- Xcode (To preview the app on iOS simulator). For MacOS only, download and install XCode from Apple App Store to preview the app.
Other requirements for using various services
- IBM Cloud account
- Mobile Foundation Server account (on-prem or cloud).
- IBM Watson Assistant service account (for adding Chat service to the app)
- IBM Watson Visual Recognition service account (for adding Visual recogntion service to the app)
- Push Notifications service account (for enabling push notifications service in the app)