Registering Javadocs to an Android Studio Gradle project
The MobileFirst Android Javadocs are included in the *.aar files imported by Gradle. However you need to link them to their relevant library in Android Studio.
- In Android Studio make sure you are in the Project view.
- Find the library name under the External Libraries node (the Javadoc file appears below it).
- Right-click on the library name and select Library Properties.
- From the Library Properties dialog select the “+” button
- Navigate to the downloaded Javadoc JAR file (ibmmobilefirstplatformfoundation-javadoc.jar) under ..\app\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\ibmmobilefirstplatformfoundation\jars\assets and select it.
- Click OK. The Javadocs will now be available within your project.
- The MobileFirst APIs cannot be activated from within an Android Service.
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.
Last modified on January 20, 2017