IBM Releases Next Generation of MobileFirst Foundation Built for Hybrid Cloud
Jerome Joubert May 31, 2017MobileFirst_Foundation Announcement
We are pleased to announce the next generation of IBM MobileFirst Foundation 8.0 to simplify and accelerate enterprise mobile application development. Built on hybrid cloud technology and designed for speed, IBM MobileFirst Foundation 8.0 provides the essential back-end services that enable enterprises to focus on creating rich, powerful mobile experiences for the cognitive era.
IBM MobileFirst Foundation 8.0 comes with a simplified app development methodology, advanced mobile security, optimized and streamlined processes, ability to swiftly sync your changes, connection and integration with back-end systems, increased analytics insights, and much more.
Continue reading to learn more about this new release, check our tutorials and resources in the Developer Center and come chat with us.
We also want to take this opportunity to thank you for all your valuable feedback during the Beta program. It helped us refine our next generation mobile app development platform and come with a better offering to everybody’s benefit.
Everything comes in perfect timing. IBM has just been named a leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for mobile application development platforms four years in a row. If you want to understand why, read this article.
MobileFirst Foundation 8.0
- Build apps faster, simpler and smarter with standard package managers (npm, CocoaPods, Gradle, NuGet) and Maven for Java Adapter build automation
- Completely rethought, radically simplified user experience for register, deploying and managing apps
- Externalize and dynamically change app configurable information (Notifications, Security, Adapters and workflow)
- Dynamically change application behavior using Live Update
- Improved Push Notifications services enables targeted, subscription-based notifications to be sent from the MobileFirst Operations Console
- Improved problem determination with new crash analytics, configurable alerts, and root cause analysis
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.