All Tutorialsimprove this page | report issue
Below are all available tutorials for IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation 7.1
Setting up your development environment
Set up your development environment to work with IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation.
- Setting up the MobileFirst development environment
- Setting up the iOS development environment
- Setting up the Android development environment
- Setting up the BlackBerry 10 development environment
- Setting up the Windows Phone 8 development environment
- Setting up the Windows 8 Universal development environment
Create your first MobileFirst app and preview it in different mobile operating systems.
- Your first hybrid application
- Previewing your hybrid application
- Introduction to MobileFirst Operations Console
- Configuring a native iOS application with the MobileFirst Platform SDK
- Configuring a native Android application with the MobileFirst Platform SDK
- Configuring a native Windows Phone 8 application with the MobileFirst Platform SDK
- Configuring a native Windows 8 Universal application with the MobileFirst Platform SDK
- Integrating MobileFirst Platform Foundation SDK in Cordova Applications
- Connecting to MobileFirst Server
Hybrid client-side development basics
Use basic MobileFirst APIs to develop Hybrid your apps, build a multipage application, work with the user interface framework, and debug and optimize your apps.
- Hybrid applications client-side API basics
- Building a multi-page application
- Working with UI frameworks
- Debugging applications
- Optimizing your application for various environments
- General information when developing for iOS
- General information when developing for Android
- General information when developing for BlackBerry 10
- General information when developing for Windows Phone 8
- General information when developing for Windows 8 Universal
- General information when developing Mobile Web applications
- General information when developing desktop applications
Advanced client-side development
Implement different features in your mobile app, such as controls, skins, offline access, translation, and encryption of sensitive data. Develop your client application by using native APIs.
- Overview of client technologies
- Common UI controls
- Supporting multiple form-factors using skins
- Using Direct Update to quickly update your application
- Using CLI to create, build, and manage MobileFirst project artifacts
- Remote controlled client-side log collection
- Shell development concepts
- Location services
Develop the server code (adapters) that your mobile app requires to integrate with enterprise back-end applications and cloud services.
- Adapters overview
- Java Adapters
- Invoking adapter procedures
- Resource request from hybrid client applications
- Resource request from native iOS Swift applications
- Resource request from native iOS Objective-C applications
- Resource request from native Android applications
- Resource request from native Windows Phone 8 applications
- Resource request from native Windows 8 Universal applications
- Invoking adapter procedures from native Java Platform, Micro Editions (Java ME) applications
- Advanced adapter usage and mashup
- Debugging adapters
- Integrating with Cloudant by using an adapter
Add data-related functionality to your applications. Create apps that can run offline.
- Working offline
- Storing sensitive data in encrypted cache
- Working with Cloudant NoSQL DB API
Adding native functionality to hybrid applications with Apache Cordova
Use Apache Cordova with IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation, and use native pages in hybrid applications.
- Apache Cordova overview
- Using native pages in hybrid applications
- Adding native functionality to hybrid application with Apache Cordova plugin
- Adding native UI elements to hybrid applications
Send notifications to your mobile apps with IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation.
- Push Notifications Overview
- Push notifications in hybrid applications
- Push notifications in native iOS applications
- Push notifications in native Android applications
- Push notifications in native Windows Phone 8 applications
- Push notifications in native Windows 8 Universal applications
- SMS Notification
- Two-way SMS communication
Authentication and security
Protect your applications and adapter procedures against unauthorized access by using authentication, login modules, and device provisioning.
- Authentication concepts
- Form-based authentication
- Adapter-based authentication
- Custom Authentication
- Using LDAP Login Module to authenticate users with LDAP server in hybrid applications
- WebSphere LTPA-based authentication
- Device provisioning concepts
- Custom device provisioning
- Application Authenticity Protection
- Client X.509 Certificate Authentication and User Enrollment
- Using the MobileFirst Server to authenticate external resources
- NTLM Authentication
Tutorials showcasing "recipes" of advanced functionalities such as: "Remember Me", Offline authentication, device enrollment, remote loading of dynamic content and more.
- Remember Me
- Two-Step adapter authentication
- Offline Authentication
- Device Enrollment
- Working with Beacons
- Integrating server-generated pages in hybrid applications
- Using MobileFirst application as a container for server-generated pages
- Container for advanced pages
- Accelerating application development by reusing resources
- Testing MobileFirst applications with IBM MobileFirst Platform Test Workbench
Moving to production
Move the apps that you create from your development environment to the production environment.
- Moving from development environment to stand-alone QA and production servers
- Operational Analytics
- Reports and analytics
- Distributing mobile applications with Application Center
Starter Application samples
Kubernetes Cluster on IBM Cloud
Deploy MobileFirst platform to cloud using Kubernetes on IBM Cloud.
Integrate with MobileFirst Quality Assurance
Add testing capabilities to your application.
- MobileFirst Quality Assurance in Cordova applications
- MobileFirst Quality Assurance in Hybrid applications
- MobileFirst Quality Assurance in iOS applications
- MobileFirst Quality Assurance in Android applications
Scan your application for potential harming code.
Cloudant Data Layer
Scalable database management for your MobileFirst projects.▲
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.