Developing for Cordovaimprove this page | report issue
Develop your Cordova applications by following the tutorials bellow: set-up your development environment, experience the product and add value by integrating with Mobile Foundation 8.0 offerings.
Installation and ConfigurationSet up your development environment to work with IBM Mobile Foundation.
- Setting up the MobileFirst development environment
- Setting up the Cordova development environment
- Developing UI for Cordova Applications
- Using the MobileFirst Operations Console
Quick StartGet a feel of Mobile Foundation.
Adding the MobileFirst SDKAdd the Mobile Foundation SDK to your Cordova or Native iOS, Android, Windows 8.1 Universal or Windows 10 UWP application.
Developing ApplicationsLearn to use MobileFirst APIs: Direct Update, JSONStore, WLResourceRequest, Client-side translation, debugging applications, Developer CLI and more...
- Mobile Foundation SDK development in Cordova applications
- Using MobileFirst CLI to manage MobileFirst artifacts
- Using the MobileFirst CLI in Eclipse
- JSONStore in Cordova applications
- JSONStore security utilities
- JSONStore code examples
- Client-side log collection
- Using Direct Update in Cordova Applications
- Simple Data Sharing
Developing AdaptersDevelop server-side code to integrate with enterprise back-end systems and cloud services.
- Adapters overview
- Java Adapters
- Developing Adapters in IDEs
- Testing and debugging adapters
- Server-side log collection
- Advanced adapter usage and mashup
- Integrating with Cloudant using an adapter
Authentication and SecurityAdd various layers of protection to your applications.
- Authorization concepts
- Creating a Security Check
- Step Up Authentication
- LTPA Security Check
- Confidential Clients
- Protecting External Resources
- Application Authenticity
- Configuring Device Single Sign-On
- Certificate Pinning
- Configuring the MobileFirst Server Keystore
NotificationsSend notifications with IBM Mobile Foundation.
- Notifications Overview
- Sending Notifications
- Handling Push Notifications in Cordova applications
- Handling SMS Notifications in Cordova applications
- Setting Up Analytics Support for Push Notifications
- Push Service REST APIs
AnalyticsMonitor deployed applications and adapters, gain insight on application usage, find out about errors in the wild and more.
- Introduction to IBM MobileFirst Foundation Operational Analytics
- Using Analytics API in client applications
- Using Analytics REST API
- Creating Custom Charts
- Managing Alerts
- Configuring Log Filters
- Scenario Loader
- Push Notifications
- Data Retention and Purging
- Analytics Workflows
Foundation on IBM CloudDeploy Mobile Foundation to the cloud using IBM Cloud.
- Introduction to IBM Mobile Foundation on IBM Cloud
- Create a MobileFirst Server instance using the Mobile Foundation IBM Cloud service
- Setting Up Mobile Foundation on IBM Cloud Kubernetes Cluster using Helm charts
- Setting Up MobileFirst Server on IBM Cloud Kubernetes Cluster
- Setting Up the MobileFirst Server on IBM Cloud using scripts on Liberty for Java
Troubleshooting common problemsFrequently asked questions and answers.
Product integrationIntegrate Mobile Foundation 8.0 apps with other IBM products
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.
Last modified on May 09, 2019