Leverage IBM Support Portal to stay on top of support updates for Mobile Foundation
Sreelatha Sankaranarayanan May 30, 2019MobileFirst_Platform Mobile_Foundation Support
IBM Support Portal is the single destination for all your support requirements related to IBM products. The all-new experience offered by the support portal makes it easier to lookup for APARs, PMRs, support notes, products, migration documents, and so on. You can also choose to be subscribed to receive notifications for select topics of interest for the IBM product of your choice.
With continuous delivery of fixes and enhancements to Mobile Foundation, it becomes difficult for one to stay on top of all that is current within the product. Hence we highly recommend that customers subscribe to notifications for updates delivered to Mobile Foundation, this avoids communication latency related to product updates.
Let us look at the few simple steps that describe the process of subscribing to notifications.
- Go to IBM Support Portal.
- SignIn with your IBMId.
Note: You can create an IBMId if you do not have one already.
- On the support portal landing page, you can search for MobileFirst Platform Foundation product.
Note: You may get an alert saying that this product has been migrated to new support experience and that you will be redirected to this newly updated support portal. You can proceed by clicking OK.
- You will see a landing page such as the one shown in the image.
- Click My Notifications from under Manage.
- From the My Notifications page you can lookup for MobileFirst and click Subscribe.
- You will now be prompted to choose from the list of resource updates for Mobile Foundation that you would like to be notified about. Click Submit.
- After you have successfully subscribed, you can see the product listed under your product subscriptions.
- You can expect the notifications to arrive at the inbox corresponding to the mail id you have used for your IBMId.
- One such sample notification is shown here.
Note: If you have any questions or issues when following the subscription process you can reach out to the support portal help related to managing subscriptions. For other Mobile Foundation related queries, you can reach us on Slack. Request to join the MFP Slack channel.
Inclusive terminology note: The Mobile First Platform team is making changes to support the IBM® initiative to replace racially biased and other discriminatory language in our code and content with more inclusive language. While IBM values the use of inclusive language, terms that are outside of IBM's direct influence are sometimes required for the sake of maintaining user understanding. As other industry leaders join IBM in embracing the use of inclusive language, IBM will continue to update the documentation to reflect those changes.