IBM Mobile Foundation and iOS 13
iOS 13 is here and IBM Mobile Foundation is pleased to announce that we have embraced the iOS 13 upgrade gracefully like every year.
In our previous blog post, we mentioned about the various new changes seen in iOS 13 and what you, as a developer should be doing about it. Existing application(s) that were created using Mobile Foundation Platform v7.1 and v8.0 will work as they did on previous versions of iOS even after upgrade to iOS 13.
We have validated Mobile Foundation v8.0 and v7.1 with the GM release of iOS 13, and all the major features listed below work fine on iOS 13.
- Invoking backend procedures through adapters
- Application Authenticity
- Application management
- Direct Update
- Oauth handshake with Mobile Foundation server
- Push notifications
Update: Above features were tested on iPad OS and no issues were found.
A fresh installation of apps using MobileFirst Push notification on iOS 13 causes failure in registration due to an error in parsing the token from APNS server. This issue is similar to one reported on the Apple Developer Forum. This has been addressed in the following iFixes.
- Native iOS SDK v8 - IBMMobileFirstPlatformFoundationPush version 8.0.2019082914 or higher
- Cordova SDK v8 -
cordova-plugin-mfp-pushversion 8.0.2019090606 or higher
- Mobile First v7.1 - iFix version 18.104.22.168-MFPF-IF201909091200 or higher
iPadOS on iOS 13
We have tested applications with MFP v7.1 and v8.0 on iPad OS and we did not see spot any problem.
Fixes in MFP v8.0 and related APARs
- PH18477 IOS APPLICATIONS ARE NOT DISPLAYED IN THE APPLICATION CENTER INSTALLER PAGE. (iFix 22.214.171.124-MFPF-IF201911050809)
- PH17865 SINCE IOS 13, A USER OF SAFARI ISN’T ABLE TO DOWNLOAD A NEW IPA VERSION OF AN APPLICATION FROM APPLICATION CENTER. (iFix 126.96.36.199-MFPF-IF201910101148)
- PH16468 IN IOS 13 DEVICES PUSH REGISTRATION FAILS. (iFix 188.8.131.52-MFPF-IF201909091050)
Fixes in MFP v7.1 and related APARs
- PH18901 SEGMENTATION FAULT WITH NETWORKDETECTOR DEVICEIPADDRESSES AFTER IOS 13 UPGRADE. (iFix 184.108.40.206-MFPF-IF201911150651)
- PH17981 MFP 7.1 IOS NATIVE APP, UPDATE TOKEN WILL HAVE INVALID TOKEN FOR IOS 13 DEVICES. (iFix 220.127.116.11-MFPF-IF201910160455)
- PH17865 SINCE IOS 13, A USER OF SAFARI ISN’T ABLE TO DOWNLOAD A NEW IPA VERSION OF AN APPLICATION FROM APPLICATION CENTER. (iFix 18.104.22.168-MFPF-IF201910160455)
- PH18471 DEFAULT CARD PRESENTATION ON IOS 13 CAUSES SPLASH SCREEN TO NOT APPEAR IN FULLSCREEN. (iFix 22.214.171.124-MFPF-IF201910310930)
- PH18477 IOS APPLICATIONS ARE NOT DISPLAYED IN THE APPLICATION CENTER INSTALLER PAGE. (iFix 126.96.36.199-MFPF-IF201910310930)
- PH16468 IN IOS 13 DEVICES PUSH REGISTRATION FAILS. (iFix 188.8.131.52-MFPF-IF201909091200)
Issue with InAppBrowser on Hybrid applications of MFP v7.1
window.open in Hybrid apps of MFP v7.1 on iOS 13 does not work, same is being fixed as part of APAR PH19942. Please monitor the APAR for updates.